Damaged curly hair responds well to hot oil or deep conditioning treatments. There are so many different treatments out there to choose from, and if you don’t want to go out and grab a bunch of items you do not have, there is a lovely option right in your pantry.
- Heat olive oil in a microwave safe bowl and place a paper towel over to avoid splattering. The duration you have the olive oil in the microwave depends on the watts of power. The oil is just the right temperature between 45 seconds to approximately 1.25 minutes, but a little longer won’t hurt.
- Slowly add any other ingredients you want in the hot oil treatment. Mix well.
- Wet hair thoroughly, and then section out chunks of hair. Begin applying the hot oil treatment to each chunk. Brush through with a comb or with your fingers to ensure that the treatment reaches from the scalp to the end of your hair. This is a very messy process, so remember to have a lot of old towels nearby and a pair of gloves.
- Wait at least 15 minutes, but no more than 45, before hopping into the shower and washing it out. This may take two shampoo regiments before you get all the oil out.
- Optional: Apply a leave-in conditioner after washing your hair to help condition and seal in moisture and vitamins from the hot oil treatment.
You can also try these DIY: Hair Treatments as well;
These are just a few of the many deep conditioners/ masks that you can use to help treat your heat damaged hair. Believe me when I talk about heat damage. I am suffering from this myself. And am long-term transitioning from the heat damage. I have been doing the “transitioning” for a while now. But that is another subject soon to be told in the near future when I start my “heat damage campaign”.