- 1 tablespoon Hibiscus Powder
- 1 tablespoon Marshmallow Root Powder
- 8 ounces distilled water
- 12 ounces of Aloe Vera Gel 1:1
- 1 teaspoon Oat Straw Extract 10:1
- 1 tablespoon Silk Peptide Powder
- 1 teaspoon Neroli Essential Oil
- 1 teaspoon Polysorbate 20
- 1 teaspoon Grapefruit Seed Extract
- Combine the Hibiscus Powder and Marshmallow Root Powder in a heat-proof bowl or beaker. Mix in eight ounces of boiled water, and allow to steep for thirty minutes.
- Strain the infused water through several layers of cheesecloth to remove the powders. The solids can be discarded.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Oat Straw Extract and Silk Powder with a few tablespoons of Aloe Vera Gel. Add enough Gel to create a smooth paste, then add the rest of the Gel slowly, stirring continuously as the ingredients are combined.
- In another small container, combine the Neroli, Polysorbate 20, and Grapefruit Seed Extract. Make sure that the ingredients are fully blended together.
- Combine the infused water with the Aloe Vera mixture and the Essential Oil mixture. Mix well to make sure that the ingredients are well dispersed throughout the mixture.
Usage & Packaging
- The bulk of this recipe should be stored in your refrigerator. A large glass bottle would be ideal. A small glass spray bottle can be kept in the bathroom for daily use.
- Spritz damp hair liberally with the conditioner before brushing.