Based on tradition, I have always shampoo my head until i see and feel ridiculous sudsy, suds, don’t we all? Well I did some research.
You should not shampoo your entire head of hair. That’s right, you only need to shampoo your scalp. Just think about it, the scalp is where all the buildup, oil, and dirt comes from. Your actual hair only needs the cleansing that comes from the rinsing of the shampoo from the scalp. Depending on what shampoo you have and how gentle it is for natural hair, you may want to either purchase a natural SLS free shampoo or if you rather stick to what your using, then just cleanse the scalp “only” and follow up with a very, very moisturizing conditioner and deep conditioner. You want to put all that lost moisture into the hair.
You want Conditioner to be the main focus for your ends and upward. Your ends are the oldest part of your hair, so you want to do everything you can to keep them hydrated, healthy, and luscious.
Some SLS free shampoos that you can try follows:
- Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo | Target $9.99
- Oyin Handmade HoneyWash $12.99
- Carol’s Daughter Rosemary Mint Clarifying Sulfate-Free Shampoo =$12.50
- Blended Beauty Soy Cream Shampoo =$18.50
- Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Shampoo =$18.00
- Jane Carter Hydrating Invigorating Shampoo =$10.00